Better Care, Better Results
Occupational therapists help people with physical, developmental, emotional or mental conditions. Our therapists help individuals who experience these disabling conditions develop, recover and maintain daily living and work skills. The goal of the occupational therapy program at Spooner Health is to help patients have an independent, productive and satisfying life.
To help patients achieve independence, occupational therapists often retrain the skills used in everyday life. Our occupational therapists also work closely with other members of the therapy services team to provide the most effective care plan.
What types of conditions can occupational therapy help with?
- Delays in developmental milestones
- Delays in sensory processing skills
- Difficulties in performing self-care, household or job-related roles due to pain
- Decreased range of motion
- Fatigue and weakness
- Problems with sensation, coordination, perception or thought/memory
- Limitations in meaningful activity due to barriers in the home or community
- Mental health difficulties and/or issues with community living skills
- Education and information about wheelchairs, motorized scooters or other adaptive equipment to enhance mobility and improve quality of life
- SOS Approach to Feeding®
What types of treatments are available?
- Daily activity retraining
- Functional therapeutic activities
- Manual therapy
- Modalities for reducing pain or facilitating participation in meaningful occupations
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Therapeutic exercise for facilitating participation in meaningful occupations
Occupational Therapy Providers
Cori Miller, OTR
Cori Miller, OTR Medical Degree: MS in Occupational Therapy, Saint Catherine University 2011 BS in Special Education, Saint Cloud State University 1993 Personal Interests: Reading, spending time with family, taking…
Kati Stumph, OTR
Kati Stumph, OTR Medical Degree: MS in Occupational Therapy, Concordia University 2016 BS in Rehabilitative Science, Concordia University 2014 OTA, WITC-Superior 2010 Personal Interests: Spending time with family, hobby farming…
Erin VanGuilder, COTA
Erin VanGuilder, COTA Education: Occupational Therapist Assistant: Rehabilitation Specialist, WITC 2018 Specialties: Outpatient Pediatric/Adult/Geriatric Services, School Based Therapy, Acute Care Personal Interests: Spending quality time with family, being outdoors, gardening…
How to Get Here:
For driving directions, please visit our Contact page. When arriving at Spooner Health, follow the signs for the Main Hospital Entrance. This entrance is centrally located between the Clinic entrance and the Emergency entrance.
To learn more or schedule your appointment, please call 715-939-1745.