Occupational therapists help people with mental, physical, developmental and emotional conditions. Our therapists help individuals who experience these disabling conditions develop, recover and maintain daily living and work skills. The goal of the occupational therapy program at Spooner Health is to help patients have an independent, productive and satisfying life.
To help patients achieve independence, occupational therapists often retrain the skills used in everyday life. Our occupational therapists also work closely with other members of the therapy services team to provide the most effective care plan.
Occupational therapy treatments may include:
- Functional therapeutic activities
- Daily activity retraining
- Therapeutic exercise for facilitating participation in meaningful occupations
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Modalities for reducing pain or facilitating participation in meaningful occupations
- Manual therapy