Volunteers of Spooner Health
The Volunteers of Spooner Health is our volunteer program. The many volunteers and members make an important contribution to Spooner Health’s patients and the community.
Becoming a volunteer at Spooner Health is a great way to share your compassion and talents with others. In addition to the many hours of service donated each year, the Volunteers of Spooner Health:
- Donate funds to benefit health services and equipment needs such as scales to support Chronic Heart Failure patients and teaching mannequins for staff education.
- Provide scholarships for high school seniors and local non-traditional students entering the field of healthcare.
- Donating personal hygiene items to people in need via the local food pantries.
- Operate the gift shop at Spooner Health.
- Greeting & escorting patients around the hospital.
- Provide rodeo tickets to Maple Ridge Care Center residents
- Provide and serve a meal twice a year for the American Red Cross Blood Mobile workers
- Our volunteers also are active advocates on behalf of healthcare issues.
The Volunteers of Spooner Health host several fundraisers throughout the year to accomplish their mission. Fundraisers include:
- Silent Auction
- Bake Sale
- Love Light Tree Ceremony
- Spooner Health Gift Shop
Whether you have a lot of time or a little, there is a place for you with our Volunteers group. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in healthcare and serving.
To learn more about the Volunteers of Spooner Health, click here to view the brochure.
Please contact Allison at 715-939-1541 or via email if you have any questions, would like to donate, or are interested in becoming a volunteer!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following roles:
- Greeter/Escort Service—greet and escort patients and families to their destination
- Gift Shop workers
Student Program Opportunities
Are you a Spooner High School senior or local non-traditional student going into a health-related field? If so, check out the Volunteer Partners of Spooner Health scholarship opportunities listed below. Don't miss out, the deadline is April 8, 2022!
Spooner Health strives to offer guidance and mentorship through our job shadowing program for students interested in entering a healthcare-related field. Our mentors will help the students gain an understanding of the career and have the student follow them through their daily job duties.
High school juniors and seniors considering a healthcare field and college students studying healthcare fields are eligible to job shadow in high-demand job areas at Spooner Health. Departments available to students are nursing, imaging, laboratory, pharmacy, physical, occupational and speech therapy. Other areas may be available as requested.
Spooner Health has been a host site for a variety of students seeking clinical rotation and post-secondary fieldwork/internship training. This training provides an opportunity for a gradual transition from the university/school setting into an actual work setting. The program requires coordination with the student’s school to determine programming objectives and needs.
If you have already been given login information please login using the appropriate link below.